Shit rigging it is my jam! I'll have a cool idea come to me and have to do it within 5 seconds or it doesn't seem so cool anymore. SO, if you're impatient like me OR your too broke to buy a $10467586 paper backdrop and a fully sick lighting set up, here's a cool alternative!
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED:
- Sheet of MDF or Ply Board (around 2440x1220 will be wide enough if you're only shooting one model) - Bunnings have sheets from around $10. Always factor in an extra $2 to grab a snag - never leave Bunnings without a snag.
- Sample pot of desired colour paint. I picked some up for around $10 try going a shade slightly darker than you want, I find it always comes up better in the final images.
- Paint brush or roller - $5-$10
- Backdrop stand, alternatively you can clip it up to the rusty old hills hoist or lean it up against a wall that has direct sunlight.
- A flekky (formally known as a reflector) - you can pick up one of these for around $20
- Sunlight - FREE
All of these tools should come to around $30-$50.
Have you ever shit rigged a studio before or do you have any extra tips to add? Tell me about it!
ALSO....... I'm running a competition to win an A3 print of your choice! All you need to do is comment on any of my blog posts! Winner will be announced 3rd of April!